How To Wash Kids Indoor Slippers?
Kids are like bouncy balls who can’t sit still indoors. They never miss a chance to create a mess by staining their clothes and indoor slippers with food spills and body fluids. If your kids spend more time indoors, they will be in indoor slippers most of the time. Therefore, the messy indoor slippers with smell need a wash.
So, how to wash kids’ indoor slippers? Most children’s slippers, including noise-reducing slippers, suede house shoes, slippers with cotton or terry cloth uppers, and rubber outsoles, are not machine washable. If your kids want to enjoy indoor slippers season long, it is better to avoid washing them. Only hand wash kids’ indoor slippers and place them outdoors in the shade for drying.
If you want to wash kids’ indoor slippers, read this post till the end. You’ll find helpful tips on how to clean kids’ indoor slippers.
Can You Wash Kids Slippers in Washing Machine?
In a washing machine, you can’t wash noise-reducing slippers and fleece-lined leather slippers. However, cotton and synthetic fabric slippers are machines washable. Mostly, indoor slippers are made of soft and delicate materials because they are not for concrete roads. Putting them in a washer in high temperature will reduce their life. Therefore, it is recommended to hand-wash kids’ indoor slippers.
Most parents shop on a budget and buy only one or two pairs of slippers per season. Therefore, it is necessary to keep these indoor shoes clean.
How Often to Clean Kids Indoor Slippers?
Washing kids’ slippers more often are not recommended. However, if the slippers get stinky and soiled with a body fluid such as vomit, poop, blood, or pee, you should wash them as soon as possible. Putting on dirty shoes is also unhygienic for your kids.
If your kids are old enough and don’t make their slippers dirty, cleaning the shoes, twice the whole season will be enough.
How to Hand-wash Indoor Slippers?
Here is the step-wise procedure of washing kids’ indoor slippers. You can also wash noise-reducing slippers in the same way. However, the slippers with LED lights need to be cleaned with great care. Read the steps and discover more.
- Take some water in a clean bucket and add detergent.
- Dip the kid’s slippers in the water and leave them for some time.
- If slippers have tough stains, use an old toothbrush to scrub them gently.
- Wash the slippers with clean water.
- Don’t wring the shoes and remove excess moisture with an absorbent cloth.
- Place the shoes outdoors in the shade for drying.
- You should not wash the upper sole of noise-reducing slippers with LED
- Instead, wash the outsoles carefully without getting moisture in the light.
You can wash all indoor slippers, including noise-reducing slippers indoor slippers, with this method.
How to Wash Smelly Slippers?
The steps of washing smelly kids slippers are here.
- Dust the inside of smelly shoes with baking soda and leave it overnight.
- Dip the smelly slippers in a water bucket.
- Add detergent and gently scrub the slippers if required.
- Wash off all the detergent with clean water.
- Use half a cup of vinegar with equal amounts of water and pour it on the shoes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Wash the shoe with clean water and remove excess water with a towel.
- Place the shoes in the shade for drying.
How to Dry Slippers?
You should air dry kids indoor slippers, whether machine or hand-washed—stuff in fabric within the slippers for reshaping them and place them in a well-ventilated area for drying. Avoid putting the slippers in an automatic dryer since the dryer’s heat can destroy your shoes and dissolve the glue used for its making.
Kids’ indoor slippers also need washing. Therefore, it is crucial to know the machine washable and hand washable slippers. You can keep your kids’ indoor slippers clean by following the steps mentioned in the post. Your kids will enjoy the clean and comfy shoes as long as you take care of them properly.