How to Analyze Which School is Reliable for Your Child?
Choosing a school for your child is always challenging. Some parents don't bother it and admit their children to those schools where they studied themselves. But, the majority of parents are anxious about the selection of a reliable school for their children. It's natural to be conscious about your child's academic career and behavior development in all walks of life.
This article will lessen your anxiety and make you confident to choose the best school for your child. I have mentioned these factors after deep research and experience of a decade as a teacher.
The Appearance of School:
The appearance of school is the most crucial factor while choosing a reliable school for your child. In this era of technology, technical knowledge is a must thing in a child's education. See if the school is full of new technology. It has a vast playground, library, and an arranged canteen. Also, analyze the requirements of your child about school. The following questions will help you to decide better.
- Should the school be medium in size, or does your child desire a big school?
- Does your child like to read books during school hours in the school library?
- Does your child feel more comfortable playing in the school's playground during recess period?
- Does your child love the new technology and electronics in school?
Keep in mind your child's nature and priorities before selecting a school for him.
Where is the School Located?
Parents worry about the school's location for their child's contentment. You can think about these things while choosing a reliable school for your child.
- How much will you bear your child's distance from school?
- Would you prefer a school near your house that your child may walk to school on foot?
- Do you want the school near your close relative's house so that your child may join them after their school in your absence or late arrival?
- Would you like the school to be located near enough to pick up and drop off your child is easy for you?
- How much would you tolerate your child go to school by bus?
Remember all these points before admitting your child to school.
Visit the School More than Once:
Make sure you have visited the school more than one time. Your first visit may leave a lot of unanswered questions in your mind. Next time, see the school with your child during working hours. Observe the teachers' behavior with students as well as students' attitudes towards peers.
- Is the school giving you and your child a welcome impression by visiting it?
- Are the staff members cooperative with students?
- Are the teachers capable of solving children's problems quickly?
- Your maximum visits will satisfy all these questions and deciding will be easy for you.
A Balance Between Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities:
Some schools focus on co-curricular activities more than education to give an impression of resting behavior with students. On the other hand, some schools only focus on academic activities and don't arrange non-academic hustles with students. Now, the question is which school is better for your child? A balanced school is the best choice for your child where management is responsible for curricular and co-curricular activities to engage the children in studies.
Clear Your Anxieties about School:
It's parents' right and responsibility to clear their anxieties about school. Have a detailed meeting with the school principal to get all answers to your questions about the school. For example, ask her about the teachers' qualification as well as their training. Perceive school management's behavior to parents' complaints against academic records or social behavior of children. You can also clear your anxieties by asking from the other children's parents and people around you. What they experienced from their children's school, and how satisfied they are. Their compliments will help you to decide on a reliable school for your child.
Now, you're expert enough to select the reliable school for your child. Pen down these helping factors and revise them daily. Also, get in touch with the people around you to know more about the list of schools before you. But, keep in mind that the final decision will be yours. So, your guts will help you to make a terminal decision about your child's education.
Writer: Tayyaba Maryam